Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
My oh my, yesterday by a vote of 338 for and 3 against H.R 347 moves to the Senate, where approval is expected easily. This little two page bill received almost no press coverage, and for good reason, why would the public want to know that their freedom of assembly as guaranteed by the constitution was being eliminated for “special federal events and locations.” Of course you can’t have protests around the president, the vice president, or any events in which the secret service will be in attendance of. That is right you just read that right, as soon as this bill becomes law anyone protesting within 10 feet, 100 feet, 100 feet, heck ten miles is subject to a FELONY trespass arrest, and punishable up to 10 YEARS imprisonment. Don’t believe me? Read the bill below and make up your own mind.
Before you do think about a couple things.
- Where is the secret service not present these days? This means any events such as the G8, G20, Bildeberg, Council of Foreign Relations, Presidential events of those wanting to be president, DNC and RNC national conventions, basically any FEDERAL Government event in which policy is being discussed will be now “off limits”.
- Almost UNANIMOUS approval from the congress, in which if you read the first sentence of this article was NO LAW shall be written to stop peaceful assembly, but this is exactly what this bill does. 338 congressman that took an OATH to defend the constitution. How are they doing with their oath?
- Think about this, once you are in the “protected class’, I call them the mouth pieces for the global elite, here in America you will not be able to protest at all at any of their public events, unless of course you are ready for your 10 year prison sentence, for exercising your FIRST amendment constitutional rights.
- In a time when our debt is out of control, our leaders are out of touch, this is what they spent time on passing, you can’t tell they me they know exactly how pissed off their constituents are.
- Guarantee you, this will be used a model, for further enhancements in the future to include every senator and congressman, which oh by the way, many of them already have secret service protection and this would apply to them as well.
One Hundred Twelfth Congress
United States of America
AT THE SECOND SESSION
Begun and held at the City of Washington on Tuesday,
the third day of January, two thousand and twelve
To correct and simplify the drafting of section 1752 (relating to restricted buildings
or grounds) of title 18, United States Code.
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of
the United States of America in Congress assembled,
SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.
This Act may be cited as the ‘‘Federal Restricted Buildings
and Grounds Improvement Act of 2011’’.
SEC. 2. RESTRICTED BUILDING OR GROUNDS.
Section 1752 of title 18, United States Code, is amended to
read as follows:
‘‘§1752. Restricted building or grounds
‘‘(1) knowingly enters or remains in any restricted building
or grounds without lawful authority to do so;
‘‘(2) knowingly, and with intent to impede or disrupt the
orderly conduct of Government business or official functions,
engages in disorderly or disruptive conduct in, or within such
proximity to, any restricted building or grounds when, or so
that, such conduct, in fact, impedes or disrupts the orderly
conduct of Government business or official functions;
‘‘(3) knowingly, and with the intent to impede or disrupt
the orderly conduct of Government business or official functions,
obstructs or impedes ingress or egress to or from any restricted
building or grounds; or
‘‘(4) knowingly engages in any act of physical violence
against any person or property in any restricted building or
or attempts or conspires to do so, shall be punished as provided
in subsection (b).
‘‘(b) The punishment for a violation of subsection (a) is—
‘‘(1) a fine under this title or imprisonment for not more
than 10 years, or both, if—
‘‘(A) the person, during and in relation to the offense,
uses or carries a deadly or dangerous weapon or firearm;
‘‘(B) the offense results in significant bodily injury as
defined by section 2118(e)(3); and
‘‘(2) a fine under this title or imprisonment for not more
than one year, or both, in any other case.
‘‘(c) In this section—
‘‘(1) the term ‘restricted buildings or grounds’ means any
posted, cordoned off, or otherwise restricted area—
‘‘(A) of the White House or its grounds, or the Vice
President’s official residence or its grounds;
‘‘(B) of a building or grounds where the President or
other person protected by the Secret Service is or will
be temporarily visiting; or
‘‘(C) of a building or grounds so restricted in conjunc-
tion with an event designated as a special event of national
‘‘(2) the term ‘other person protected by the Secret Service’
means any person whom the United States Secret Service is
authorized to protect under section 3056 of this title or by
Presidential memorandum, when such person has not declined
Speaker of the House of Representatives.
President of the Senate
- Protesting in “Restrited Areas” Now A Felony- H.R. 347 (disclose.tv)
- H.R. 347: Another Step in the Elimination of the First Amendment (tatoott1009.com)
- H.R. 347: Another Step in the Elimination of the First Amendment (destructionist.wordpress.com)
- US Congress passes authoritarian anti-protest law (2012indyinfo.com)
- Imprecise Language and the Risks of H.R. 347 (jonathanturley.org)
- H.r.347 (ontoliberty.wordpress.com)
- H.R. 347: Another Step in the Elimination of the First Amendment (newsworldwide.wordpress.com)
- US Congress passes authoritarian anti-protest law (tribuneofthepeople.com)